- MetalArchitecture.com – Technology Spotlight – Solar Air Heating
Mention solar energy, and the first thought that comes to mind are box-like electricity generating panels attached to the roof of a building, that proclaim their existence with their modular nature and distinctive appearance. But according to new data released by the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), a growing sector of the solar heating industry has reached a major milestone, with 5 million square feet of building-integrated solar air heating collectors now installed in North America. SEIA President and CEO Rhone Resch says these systems represent 250 megawatts (MW) of thermal energy and displace nearly 100,000 tons of CO2 each year from the atmosphere.
- CSA Cancels Verification Program for Solar Thermal Collectors
SRCC and the Solar A Mark by SAHWIA will continue to be used for Solar Air Collectors Certification & Verification.
- Europe Will Not Meet 20% Renewable Energy Target by 2020
In the world of politics and policy decisions, small individual decisions can often produce large collective consequences. In an unfortunate turn of events, this is becoming exceedingly clear in terms of the energy policy originating from Brussels.It with a technical error in terms of how solar energy was defined by the European Parliament; and now the collective consequent to the rest of the EU Nations may be that they will not be able to meet their obligations to supply 20 percent of their energy from renewables by 2020, as a result of this error.
- Conserval Engineering Inc. solar air heaters for the commercial and industrial buildings, inventor of the SolarWall transpired solar collector, pioneer in the solar air heating industry
- SAHWIA.org Solar Air Heating World Industries Association: The international trade association to promote the use of solar air heating. Policy info on how to craft renewable heating support programs to achieve GHG reduction targets or other environmental goals.
- The CA Group Ltd. (UK) Solar air heating system manufacturer and supplier. One of the premier metal roofing and cladding systems manufacturers, contractors and suppliers for the industrial, commercial, public sector markets.
- YourSolarHome For residential solar air heating applications